Want to get away from the classic bowl of hummus served with pita chips? Try something fancier and just as easy this year. I came across this picture on Whole Living this week and I had to try this combo and see if my favorite hummus recipe worked well!…and it does! I love the idea of slicing up cucumbers and pre-serving hummus on top. Talk about easy finger food! Once you try my recipe, you’ll make this a staple. The garnishing options are endless! I love kalamata olives or a tad of pesto on top of my hummus… but you can do so many variations, you’ll wow your guests!
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 TB Tahini
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
What you’ll need:
- Thyme leaves for garnish
- Coarse ground pepper
- English cucumbers 2-3 or more if you double recipe
- Roasted Red peppers, cut into small strips
- Kalamata Olives
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, lemon juice, thyme, garlic, oil, and 1/4 cup water; process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and process until combined.
- Dividing evenly, dollop chickpea puree onto cucumber slices, top with a roasted red pepper strip and thyme leaves. Serve immediately.