Maybe I’ve been out of the loop, but I didn’t even know a product existed that allowed you to use your cell phone like a home phone. My family hasn’t had a landline in four years; we just didn’t think it made sense. I have to admit, though, sometimes the mad search for my ringing cell phone is frustrating. By the time I find it, the person has hung up! My friends and family complain that I’m the hardest person to get a hold of, but it’s impossible to be glued to my cell phone at all times. Even if it is by my said, I often need two hands to do housework, play with my daughter, or get ready. So when VTech’s Connect-to-Cell Phone System showed up at my door, I couldn’t wait to try it! Even my husband (who rarely comments on anything associated with my blog) thought the system was brilliant. Then again, this was something he could really benefit from since he works from home.
Key features of the VTech DS6421-3 Connect-to-Cell:
- Push-To-Talk acts as a multiple handset walkie talkie system to instantly communicate with any or all of the handsets within the system.
- HD Audio provides an extended frequency band allowing for the signal to be reproduced and tuned for a fuller and clearer sound.
- Make and receive landline and cellular calls – Connects to BLUETOOTH enabled cell phones to make and receive calls with the ease of a home phone system. Two cell phones can be actively connected to the base. Cell calls can be made or received from either of these two active cell phones. Pair four different cell phones to the base unit.
- Voice Announce Caller ID audibly announces the name and number of the caller on all of the handsets and base unit. (how cool is that??) No need to find the handset to see who is calling. Makes screening calls that much easier (love it!)
- With the touch of a button, the handset speakerphones makes hands-free conversations easy.
- Expandable up to 12 handsets using only one phone jack.
- Access your cellular phonebook directory – Download your cellular phonebook directory to this cordless phone system. Dial a landline or cellular call from the directory for easy access. Stores over 6000 directories from up to four different cell phones. No need to input names and numbers into your cordless phone. (Thank Goodness!)
- Pair four different cell phones (or headsets) and have two devices actively connected. Cellular calls can be made or received from either of the two active cell phones. Landline service not required, works great for cellular only households.
There are so many more great features, you can check them out for yourself, by going to VTech’s website here.
As the holidays approach, I knew things around the house would be getting even busier–and messier–making all the features of VTech’s phone system that much more appealing.
In a recent holiday survey, Vtech found:
- 46% of respondents said they would spend more time with family/friends if they had an extra set of hands to get things done (51% of all females); higher with moms at 48%. 37% of respondents said clean the house quicker; 47% of moms
- 31% of respondents said phone calls ranked the highest as the biggest distractions to getting more done at home during the holidays. 24% of respondents (48% of moms and 40% of dads) said kids needs/events
- 81% of respondents (92% of parents) ranked a device that could help you multi-task and get more things done as very/somewhat important
I guess I’m not the only frazzled parent out there who wishes I had more hands! After trying out VTech’s Connect-to-Cell phone system, I’m thinking it might just be the perfect gift for some of those hard to buy for people on my list this year.
Disclaimer: I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of VTech and received a product sample to facilitate my review. As always, all opinions–good and bad–are my own.