It’s Fall and germs are lurking around us in abundance. You’ve heard of vitamin C as an immunity booster, and many experts say the best way to get it is directly from the source (our foods). What better way to grab some extra C than with a kiwi? This recipe is not only super easy to make but also delicious!
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped, seeds removed for less heat (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled and diced (1 1/2 cups)
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 20 large U.S.-farmed shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- Stir jalapeno and lime juice together. Add kiwi, 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste), and cilantro. Stir to combine.
- Season shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Heat oil in a large skillet over high until shimmering. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook without turning until underside is pink, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until opaque throughout, 2 minutes more. Remove from pan and serve immediately with kiwi-lime relish.