It is hard enough that the pool is now closed, but pumpkins and Halloween candy out at the grocery stores? That is just crazy! It is sad to see summer go, especially if you live somewhere with only half the year with nice weather. Well, whether we like it or not, back-to-school is here!
Here are some things I enjoyed most about this summer:
1. Traveling with My Husband – Sometimes it’s nice to get away and be a “couple” again once in a while.
2. Meeting Up with Old Friends – We were lucky enough to meet our old friends from IL, AZ & CA, and I also reconnected with a sorority sister I had not seen in 15 years! It was so great to see everyone this summer!
3. The Pool – Joining the local pool was great! We got to see our friends often. You never needed to make a playdate, because someone would be there to play with the kids.
4. Town Events – We live in a town with many events to attend. We enjoyed almost all of them this year! We did the strolls on Main Street, the Summer Concert series, and Arts Festivals. It was a wonderful summer of events. Love our town!
5. Hanging out with “The Girls” – It was fun to just go out with the girls to dance and have fun. I had not done that in a while, and we were able to get out more than once this summer. Loved it!
Things that are coming this fall:
1. School is in session! I have a 2nd grader and a preschooler. I will see how the schedules work out. I am now a part-time working mom (which is a change), so I need to find a balance. I LOVE my new job, but this is the last year with my preschooler too!
2. I have learned to say NO a little this year. No major PTG positions or New Neighbor’s Club positions. I will still be active in my clubs, but not in charge. I have to say, learning to say NO was quite an accomplishment for me. It was hard.
3. Things I am doing: Brownie Leader for my daughter’s troop, participating in two book club, running my new site MamaLuvsBooks, and writing for AMKB, GalTime Providence, and of course working for my new job as a freelance writer, photographer, and videographer for Patch.
It’s going to be a busy school year!!! Good luck to all you SAHMs and Working Moms out there! I know both are tough (and now I am doing a little of both)! What are your challenges this year? Doing anything new?