I’ve recently developed an adoration for Greek yogurt. A friend of mine said to me the other day: did you know you can cook with it too? Really? in actual food and not “baking”? Bring on the challenge. I found this recipe in an old Betty Crocker booklet my neighbor passed on to me. I modified it to my liking and…voila! A delicious dinner in under 30 minutes.
Prep: 15min Total time: 30min Serves 3-4
- 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 3/4 cup Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2TB brown sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 container (6 oz) Greek plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick.
- In shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, brown sugar, pecans and parsley.
- In another shallow dish, place yogurt. Dip chicken into yogurt, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Cook chicken in oil 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center and coating is golden brown.
Serve & Enjoy!