Simple 30 Minute Lunch Box Recipe
I posted these this week in the MOMable’s Facebook page. They are a HUGE hit in my house and I’m sure you’ll enjoy getting creative filling these with the toppings your family loves. If you are in a hurry, I even give you the store-bought dough option. This is a great recipe for lunch your kids will love in their lunchbox. Try serving it with some nuts or fruit to fill them up with great nutrition and energy. You can make these ahead of time for dinner, and save leftovers for lunch!
Prep time: 7min Cook time: 20-30 Yields: 12 rolls
- 2 cups flour
- Pinch of salt
- 6 TB butter, cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup of milk (or non dairy substitute)
- plain flour
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup of ham chopped
- 1 can of pineapple pieces, drained
- Alternatives: cut veggies, pepperoni, olives, or any other favorite pizza topping
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees and line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Sift flour into a large bowl, add salt. Cut butter into the flour with a knife.
- Begin to add milk slowly, mix/knead.
- Mix/knead until the dough starts to stick to itself, put on a floured surface.
- Kneed the dough until smooth, then use a floured rolling pin to roll into a rectangle.
- Spread the pizza sauce onto the dough, sprinkle cheese, ham, and pineapple.
- On the long side start rolling up the dough into a log.
- Brush the edges with some milk to help it stick.
- Cut the log into 12 pieces equally.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven to cool. Will keep for 2 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Under 5min option: purchase store bought pizza dough. Roll out. Follow steps 5-8 then bake according to manufacturer.