This week, I am at the beach with my kids in a condo with a full kitchen. We are having lazy mornings where breakfast happens around 10:30-11am (right before we head down to the beach and eat a late lunch). I brought some handy Biscuit mix with me because there are many quick and easy things I can make that are kid friendly and portable. Yes, I am not a big fan of ‘mixes’ but we are on vacation! I made these ham and cheese muffins for brunch yesterday and will be serving them with a salad for lunch today! Can you say fast and deeeeeelicious!
Prep time: 10 min. Total time: 30min Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups Bisquick mix
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 TB vegetable oil/melted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray bottoms and sides of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. (Spray will work better than greasing or using paper muffin liners.)
- Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl with fork. Stir in Bisquick mix, milk and oil just until moistened. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese and the ham. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese evenly over tops of muffins.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm. Wrap and refrigerate any remaining muffins.